Our work is getting recognised
I am excited to share with you our recent achievements at YJCollective. From the same period last year, our collective has grown 100% in terms of active freelancer members and volume of work.
As an organisation, we have constantly been learning and improving our agile coaching, startup consulting, and talent-sourcing capabilities by supplying vetted solo freelancers and teams to our clients. We are proud to announce that we have been shortlisted as finalists for not one but two awards!
Awards nominations for our unique model
The first award finalist is for the Business, Consulting, and Management StartUp of the Year category at the London Startup Awards. This is the first time in our founder's entrepreneurial journey. Here is what he said:
“I am not in business to chase awards and fame… Still, it is appreciated to be recognised among great startups making an impact in the UK… It shows that our unique model is an integral part of the future of work. Congrats to the team at YJCollective.”
Then following this exciting news, we got invited to apply for the Culture 50 Award by Hyer and guess what? We got selected in the top 50 recruitment companies to work for! Other Honourees include industry giants such as SGI, H Nash, and Salt and other dynamic companies on the rise (like us).
The latter demonstrates that our collective approach to connecting contractors with clients while providing coaching, mentoring and taking the time to understand what our clients need is a much more appealing offer than tech recruitment firms. Most recruiters only care about sending CVS, quantity over quality, and need to learn or care about actual product and growth challenges in startups and scaleups. YJCollective disrupts this broken model.
Our recent achievements
- We had a dedicated UXUI design squad who joined Chaptr, a Web3 venture builder, during its inception to market. The team delivered exceptional design deliverables for Chaptr’s innovative AI-generated movie competition WhiteMirror and their stealth mobile app product.
- Our elastic freelance team at Solo60 has seen their last 6 months of hard work come to fruition with the launch of Solo60's new mobile app. It was a long wait and complex as many parties were involved. We will write a case study to break down our successful collaboration with Solo60.
- Cercula, our construction tech partner, has launched its product through the prestigious Sustainability Leadership Accelerator Programme from Cambridge University. It's a big step for YJC elastic team in regards to the design & development work needed in the next few months!
- Our client Ticknovate, a leading startup in entertainment that develops complex ticketing systems for attraction parks, ferries, museums &more, has augmented their elastic freelance team with us. Our freelancers have shipped great features and are redesigning the whole client portal.
- We have enhanced our client experience by adding transparency and quality assurance over sourcing talents, verifying them, and sharing contracts and timesheets. YJCollective is compliant with contracting and consulting rules.
What’s next for the collective?
- Doubling down our collaboration with impact startups
Strong on our experience with Cercula and Solo60, we want to match the best consultants and freelancers with sustainable and climate tech organisations.
- Supporting cutting-edge innovation
Partnering with Maria Duloquin, we aim to provide SMEs and mentors during hackathons as well as elastic innovation squad, which can turn ideas into prototypes and new products.
- Launching our freelancer career coaching hub and client team listings
Yoann, CEO & Founder at YJCollective